Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Banana Nut Muffin Oatmeal

Just this weekend my husband made oatmeal with chunks of bananas and it gave me a great idea! How about banana nut oatmeal!!! So I made up some this morning and it taste more like a muffin...I ate the whole batch. Now I am about to explode!! I had vanilla coconut milk left to use up which made this recipe excellent.

Banana Nut Muffin Oatmeal

1 c. vanilla coconut milk
1/2 c. old fashion oatmeal
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 small or medium banana, peeled and diced
dash of cinnamon
dash of salt
2-3 tsp. dry sweetener, your choice
1/4 c. chopped walnuts

In a microwave proof bowl, combine the milk, oatmeal, vanilla, banana, cinnamon and salt. Microwave for
6 minutes. Stir in the sweetener and let set for 5 minutes. Serve in your favorite bowl and top with walnuts!

NOTE: This is much healthier than your average muffin!









No comments:

Post a Comment