Friday, April 19, 2013

No Bake Chocolate Drops

When I was a kid, my grandma use to make these cookies called 'Unbaked Chocolate Cookies' which contained butter, milk and white and/or brown sugar along with other ingredients. I loved them. But since switching over to a "healthier" lifestyle, I have not made them....until now. I "VEGANIZED" them.  Here is my version of the cookies. I call them----

No Bake Chocolate Drops
These make 9 cookies

1/2 c. turbinado sugar
1/4 c. soy milk
1 TBSP carob powder or cocoa
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. cherry oil (optional)
1 c. old fashion oatmeal
1/2 c. shredded coconut
pinch of extra fine sea salt

-Combine sugar, soy milk and carob powder in a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil for 2 minutes or until sugar is melted.
-Turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well and drop onto wax paper 9 equal portions.
-Let the cookies cool and slightly harden. Can put into refrigerator to speed up the process.








No comments:

Post a Comment