Thursday, April 18, 2013

Not a "B" a CLT with Avocado Spread

Came across this recipe for faux bacon. But get this...it's made out of coconut. That's right... wild but really good. I picked up a bag of coconut strips from Trader Joe's thinking I was going to make this coconut bacon. (originally for cupcakes) REMEMBER...read the whole recipe first. I needed  3 + cups but I only had about 1 cup. So instead, I compromised and divided the recipe by thirds. There was plenty. I think it was slightly over baked...but still good! Here is my version of the CLT (coconut, lettuce and tomato).
NOTE: You will want to make your coconut bacon first. This will take about 20 minutes. Link is below for the ingredients and recipe.


CLT with Avocado Spread

2 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
sliced tomato
lettuce & spinach


Avocado Spread

1/2 ripe avocado, pitted and scooped
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. lime juice

Mix all your ingredients in a bowl and smash with a fork or potato masher until creamy.


Coconut Bacon

http://www.fettlevegan.com/4/post/2012/07/coconut-bacon.html

-On both slices of bread, spread a nice thick layer of the Avocado Spread.
-Take the coconut bacon and gently push in the spread on one piece of bread.. Helps hold it in place.
-Top with tomato, lettuce & spinach.

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment